StartMail complies with the World’s toughest Privacy Laws
StartMail is based in The Netherlands, Europe, where privacy laws and regulations are among the strictest in the world.
For example, we do the following to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, which is widely renowned as one of the strongest privacy laws in the world and gives you formidable legal rights:
- clearly state our identity as a ‘controller’ of your personal data and how you can contact us with questions or requests about your privacy;
- clearly state which kinds of parties may need to receive your personal data from us and why;
- first request your express consent to the processing of your personal data in cases where your consent is required, giving you the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- do everything we can to prevent that we would process more personal data than necessary for our legitimate purposes, or store it for longer than necessary;
- implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal data, and demand the same of any party processing personal data on our instructions;
- respect your right to request inspection of your personal data and have them corrected or deleted, or to restrict our processing of it.
Legal basis for processing your data
The following legal grounds apply to process your personal data:
- Your consent. By using the StartMail Service, you consent to our processing of your data as part of the StartMail Service.
- Necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps before entering into a contract with you at your request. By signing up for the StartMail Service, you request us to prepare your contract. Once your contract has been entered into, we may process your data as necessary to perform our contract with you (providing the StartMail Service to you).
- Our legitimate interest, to provide the StartMail Service to you in the best way we can.
- Our legal obligations, for example our obligation to store invoices for tax purposes.
Your rights with respect to your data
You may ask us at any time to access, correct or erase your data. You may also request us to keep your information but block it from further processing. You can submit any such request by using our contact details below.
If you inform us that you withdraw your consent to process your information, we will delete your information, unless we are legally required to keep it (e.g. invoices, as explained below under retention periods).
We store invoices for 7 years, or whichever period may be prescribed under applicable tax law.
If you have subscribed to the StartMail Service, your Account will be stored for as long as our Agreement remains in force. When an Agreement is fully terminated, all data contained in the Account, including all emails, will be deleted permanently.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
We are always here to help. If you have any feedback or complaint about our services in general, or more specifically about how your privacy is protected when you use our services, please let us know via the contact details below. In accordance with EU privacy laws and regulations, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority responsible for the protection of personal data if you think we have unlawfully processed your personal data. For the Netherlands, this supervisory authority is the Dutch Data Protection Authority, which you can contact here.
Our company and contact information
Still have privacy questions?
Privacy. It’s not just our Policy – it’s our Mission!