Senior UX designer, The Hague (NL)
Our product team is growing and we are looking for a talented Senior UX designer to join us in creating a top notch privacy focused email product.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make sure email tools are so easy-to-use that even your Grandma can use them.”
What you will really be doing
- Identify user needs and align these needs with business goals
- Design features and improvements based on user research, data analysis, rapid testing and design iterations
- Translate functional requirements and user needs into user stories
- Create user journeys, wireframes, prototypes, and design system elements
- Collaborate with our user researcher and support team to collect user insights and execute user studies
- Collaborate with our development team to build your designs; brainstorming ideas and understanding the technically feasibility
- Tackling complex problems and converting them into simple design solutions
- Facilitate and/or participate in workshops
How will you be doing this?
You believe that a design process really gets going once a product is in the customers’ hands. Your best work is the result of an ongoing dialog with customers. This is fundamental to the way you create great products. With an engaged community of users, what will you ship? What will you try, and what will you learn through doing so? We can’t wait to see where you will take us.
What you’ll bring
- At least 5 years working experience as a designer, working in agile environments
- A proven track record of decisiveness and the ability to assess and resolve problems effectively
- Solid understanding of user-centred design principles and research methods
- Knowledge of Design Systems and Atomic Design, including an understanding of responsive web design/progressive web apps
- Personal commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Great at design thinking, abductive reasoning and postponing judgment
- You can relate your design activities and decisions to business goals
- Experience with rapid prototyping to illustrate and communicate your ideas
- Ability to work independently, but also as a team collaborator – everyone has good ideas
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing your abilities
- Valid EU work permit
- A very competitive package
- An international team of highly talented people who share a mission to protect the data & privacy of our users
- Work on the world’s most private email service (startmail.com)
- Your own desk with plenty of space for plants, cat pics or other sources of inspiration
- Easy commute situated directly next to The Hague Laan van NOI train station
Interested? Apply and let’s meet for a chat!
Send your CV, motivation letter, and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com
If you are a recruiter, do not reach out – really, don’t.
Job Type: 40 hours per week