StartMail is a trusted and reliable encrypted private email provider. Our technology safeguards data and email activity with state-of-the-art security and technology.
You will be working in our tightly knit development team of highly skilled professionals.
We are a small team so you would have a significant impact on the company as well as the product.
What will you be doing?
We’re looking for a talented and experienced front end developer to work in our Hague office. We offer email through our webmail client integrated with OpenPGP and IMAP/SMTP service. Currently, we’re in the process of building a new webmail interface to reach a larger audience and conquer the mobile platform. And we need your help!
- Help us build out our VueJS webmail client and Gridsome website
- Write clear and readable code
- Refactor existing code because we are in this for the long haul
- Assist in our migration to TypeScript
- Run A/B tests in the product and on the website
We are looking for you if you
- Care about privacy
- Care about your team
- Are a pragmatic finisher
- Have 2-5 years of experience as a front-ender
- Speak HTML and CSS, preferring a simple DOM tree
- Know the ins and outs of the ECMAScript versions and Typescript
- Like helping and educating others
- Are up to speed with browser APIs and support / compliance levels
- Can build high-quality UIs based on UX / visual designs
- Know how to build a mobile-first responsive web app
Experience with any of the following is a plus
- PWA( Progressive Web Applications) technologies
- GNU gettext
- email protocols and servers
Job Type: 40 hours per week
What do we offer?
- A lifetime opportunity to build a cool email platform which is based on the newest technologies
- A position in a growing startup of highly talented people on a mission to help people protect their data
- A very competitive salary
- Your choice of MacBook Pro or Windows laptop.
- Easy commute, situated directly next to The Hague Laan van NOI train station