StartMail is a growing email provider with a focus on privacy and security. We have built our own webmail client and are looking for an experienced senior front-end engineer that can help us add new features or entire products, and can help us raise the quality level in the front-end team and in the code.
The job is for 32-40 hours. We are currently working from home near 100% but expect to go back to office for a minimum of two fixed weekly days.
- You will build new features for our webmail product, working closely with designers, back-end engineers and other front-end engineers.
- You will increase the code quality by doing code reviews and refactoring.
- You will be coaching front-end team members on the technical level
- You must be a senior front-end developer with 5+ years of experience.
- You care deeply about user experience and performance.
- You are an expert with plain HTML/CSS/JS.
- You know VueJS inside-out.
- When you fight with Webpack, you win.
- You speak English.
And the following are nice-to-haves
- experience building progressive web apps & service workers
- some knowledge of building back-end APIs and Python
- a computer science or related education
You should apply if you
- care deeply about privacy
- believe in MVPs and iterating but not at the cost of the user
- want to make an impact working in a small and passionate team
- enjoy clean code, simple DOMs and think that refactoring is important
- care about browser performance
- like Typescript, or Vite
- think the work is not done until it is in the users' hands
Don't apply if you
- are a perfectionist or a starter instead of a finisher
To apply, please send your resume (PDF) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.